Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesdays are the best days :)

Today I went to a hearing entitled "Operation Fast and Furious: Reckless Decisions, Tragic Outcomes." It was mega legit. There was CNN, CSPAN and all the big news studios. You can check out some websites about it here. It was very sad and after I write my 5 page paper on it, I will add that on here. Or you can google "Fast and Furious + DC" or "Brian Terry DC" But it is too late now, so I am just telling you I went. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/16/us/16guns.html

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Fast-and-Furious-a-Catastrophic-Disaster/10737422274/

I have added a video of a summary of it here.



You can see my roommate's head on the right hand corner for a bit. But I'm too short :P So that was how I spent 2 1/2 hours of my day. We left before panel 3 because that's how long the first two panels went.

Then for class we had to go talk to our representatives. I decided to go to my hometown and my schools. My hometown's office was kind of rude and didn't offer me any help. I had to ask for a house pass. Then I went to my school's office. They were very friendly and said I could come back in an hour to talk to my congressman. So we went to lunch and I came back.

Lo and behold I got to talk to him. We had a very nice chat about my school. My congressman's wife went there, so he used to pick her up for dates in her dorm. That was mega nice. I haven't even met my congressman that I work for yet.

Then we walked to the white house.



It was really far but mega fun. Until my feet hurt walking back. And I tripped over the curb getting into the car. Then I went to Chipotle for dinner. It was a delightful day!

OH! And some good news....I will be attending the "What You Do Matters: A Leadership Summit on Propaganda, Hate Speech, and Civic Engagement" at the Holocaust Museum for three days.

If you want to learn more, here is a link to the website. http://www.cvent.com/events/what-you-do-matters-a-leadership-summit-on-hate-speech-propaganda-and-civic-engagement/event-summary-e52cd3e23eaf42f2934c61cd1ff35a33.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment