Where to begin? I guess I shall start with the beginning. I almost missed orientation today because I set my alarm for 8:30pm instead of am. Woops. Luckily one of my roommate's alarms woke me up. Skip ahead. We had orientation, it was rather uneventful. We then went to our class and got to know the people in American Politics. It seems like it will be some work, but should be a rather fun class. We start out with a tour of the capitol for our first class! I'm totally looking forward to that. Then we had lunch. It was fairly good. I met some people in line waiting for my picture for my ID card. Because apparently the picture I sent in didn't work. Anyways, my ID picture looks great :) Best ID picture I have ever taken!
Anyways, the people I met invited me to smoothies, so I went. It was pretty fun. Then part of that group went to the AU bookstore with me so I could buy a lanyard and sweatpants because with the air conditioning on here, it is SUPER cold. And I of course brought no cold weather clothes that are comfy.

Then after that we had a mega bus adventure, and made it back to campus. Then we took the metro to the Capitol for another test run. So we saw some awesome places!


The Capitol

The Supreme Court Building

Went to Union Station
So sorry I haven't uploaded pictures of my dorm room. I shall take some now and post those tomorrow. Well, tomorrow is my first day on my internship. Wish me luck!!
No comments:
Post a Comment