Then my supervisor asked me to go to a meeting regarding Veterans Affairs and Social Media. It was mega cool. Probably because I'm into social media sites and love learning how other companies do their sites. Fun fact of the day...Veterans use Facebook more than Twitter. That was pretty much the highlight of my day.
After that, I started a memo of the meeting. But then we had to go eat cupcakes to celebrate someone leaving their internship and their job. Two days of work, and we've already had two parties. I like this. I then went back to work writing my memo until that was once again put on hold for lunch. I went to a Thai place with some fellow interns from the office. I had packed my lunch so I just ate it there.
And once again I started my memo to be told I needed to deliver letters. At this point in time, I had walked from Cannon to Rayburn and from Rayburn to Cannon twice. There is another large building in between these two, so my feet killed. Walking all day yesterday didn't help. I had some pretty bad blisters forming. But that's no excuse, so I limped kinda around our building dropping off the letters. It was nice once I figured out they weren't in numerical order and I had to put them in that.
Then I finally got to come back, finish folding all the letters and then finish my memo. Once I did that, it was 5pm and I was done. But I loved going to the meeting on VA and Social Media. So much fun.
On the way back, a friend texted me, asking if I wanted to see the President's band near the Washington Monument. Of course I said yes. So we ate at ZBurger, which was amazing! They have 50 flavors of shakes and yummy grilled cheese. And they give you a lot of fries. Since I got there late, I was able to be a pigeon and steal all my friends extra fries since they give you a lot. Sharing is caring.
So we went to see the President's Marine Band who was playing jazz. My sister would have liked them.
But then it looked like it was going to rain, so we went back. Tomorrow is Friday and I am going to see the band Third Eye Blind with some friends since the tickets were $9. And I get to go to Virginia. It should be pretty sweet. I am loving every minute of DC...minus the blisters.
No comments:
Post a Comment