Then after my dad's conference was done, we went to the Capitol. So we walked all the way to the subway, where we had a hard time figuring out which card to get me. But this very nice lady helped us. So we went to CVS, got a SmarTrip card, which is pretty nifty. Then we rode the subway.
It was mega crowded and the escalator stopped working and it was generally nuts. But we successfully transfered lines and make it to....
THE CAPITOL!
Then we walked to where my internship is going to be.
And then of course we walked across the street to my favorite place in all of DC.
And finally...
So then after that, we successfully made it all the way back to our hotel :)
But then we went to Target. We had a lot of things that I couldn't bring, that we had to go buy. So when we were checking out, my dad's credit card wouldn't work. So he ended up using another one. Then we went out to the garage, paid our ticket and tried to get out of the parking garage. Turns out dad was trying to get out with the receipt, not the ticket. And you can't get out without a ticket, unless you pay $20. So we talked to this very nice security lady and 45 minutes later, this man used this magnetic square to get us out. But we were stuck in a parking garage for 45 minutes. It was terrible.
Which is why I had no time last night to update this. So onward to today...
Dad and I had a very nice breakfast. Then we drove to AU and of course got lost a bit. But we made it. I have a bunk bed and a desk and a closet. It seems rather small, but I fit all my stuff. Then since there were no hangers at target, one of my roommates and I took a trip around on the AU bus and went to the container store where I got hangers. AU's campus is huge! I'm going to go there tomorrow for a key holder. But it was so nice out so we went around. That's about all I got so far. I unpacked and everything looks nice. I'll possibly post later tonight with some pictures of our room, depending. Some guys are getting the floor together for dinner, so it should be fun. But that's about it so far. Loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment