Saturday we went to the Air and Space Museum in Virginia. It was pretty sweet. Going there, we went the wrong way at least once.
There were A LOT of planes there.
This plane dropped the first bomb on Hiroshima.
This one was my favorite.
We were able to go up in the control tower thing. Since this was once an actual airport hanger, it was really cool. For someone who isn't too into planes, it was still pretty neat. But I won't bore you with more pictures of planes. There were a lot of them. If you want to really see more, feel free to ask me to look at them. So that was basically Saturday. We watched some movies afterward, but I think that was about it.
Sunday was really sweet. We went to the National Museum of American History. We drove around for like an hour looking for a parking spot. Traffic and parking is nuts. But it was so worth it!
Here are some of the really cool things you can see there:
You can also see: the first teddy bear, where they signed the treaty for the civil war (furniture), Michael Jackson's hat, the flag that inspired The Star Spangled Banner, where they had the sit-in (the counter), as well as lots of other awesome artifacts. It was mega awesome.
So that brings us to today!
My internship...started off by looking up news for today. So just browsing about what was going on in politics. Then I got assigned a constituent letter. I had to write about Utah's natural resources and how they are being made into national preserved areas. That took a lot of time. But it was still fun, since I like to write. The hardest part is probably researching it though and finding the right words.
Then I got assigned to go to a hearing. It was about Veterans Affairs and Sexual Assault. It was 2 hours and kind of depressing, not going to lie. So I got out of work late, kind of around 6pm. So my friend asked me if I wanted to go see one of the bands that play on the Capitol. I figured that would be super cool, since it was last time I did that. So I went to dinner at this great salad place.
Then we save the Navy Band...they played country and fiddle music. But it was still totally awesome. The 8th grade school trip kids were all dancing around to it. That was pretty great.
And of course I got some beautiful capitol pictures :)
Then we were going to go see the Jefferson Monument, since I haven't seen that one, but the streets in DC are tricky so we made a wrong turn and eventually gave up. We still have 8 weeks. That is why the title is from the P!nk song...these past three days we have made a lot of wrong turns. But that just seems to make life more interesting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment