http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC1NR7AL_9s
We ended up leaving a bit later for the concert than expected because the guy who was driving got stuck in traffic. Foreshadowing? Why yes. So the car we rode in was very small for the amount of people we had. So we were kind of squished going there. We ended up getting to the concert like 20 minutes late. There was no parking whatsoever, so we drove around for like 15 minutes looking for somewhere to park. There was like no where close to park. Luckily we found a spot eventually but it was far away. So then we had to walk around this crazy neighborhood and cut through this wooded area to get there.
The concert was already started when we got there. And it was amazing. Even though I didn't know all the songs, it was still tons of fun. Here are a bunch of pictures.
I tried importing a video for you guys, to make it feel like you were there with me, but sadly it wasn't the right format. I will try adding it sometime later.
It was pretty great. Afterwards, there were fireworks. Then I got a corn dog and shared someone's lemonade. It reminded me of my hometown Ribfest and Last Fling.
But coming back was basically the craziest part of this whole trip. You know how I said we got close on this little excursion? We got close physically. The car was small for the people in it and like your knees were near your face. And on the way back, there was intense traffic. It took us like 45 minutes to get there. It took us like 2ish hours getting back. We were stuck in traffic for the longest time ever. So we played some music and sang along to some songs which was a lot of fun. Some people were really nice about our music selection and some others were not, since the windows were down. It was hot today too. So of course it got sticky in the backseat of the car, where I was both times of course.
What else? Well, minus the fact my body fell asleep like 8 billion times and we had to trade up positions a lot. The reason there was so much traffic was because it went from four lanes down to one. There were a lot of cop cars out. But overall, it was fun. As I said, we got close, both literally and in the getting to know each other a bit better sense. Then, D.C. drivers are crazy. One car ran a red light and almost hit us, since we were turning and it was our turn. Right after that a motorcycle did the same thing, almost hitting us. So that was mega scary. Later, one guy swerved across like 2 lanes, almost running into us. By this time, it was like 1ish am, so what your parents warned you about is true...bad drivers come out at night. That was most likely the case here. It was intense. But we made it safe and sound. Luckily the guy who was driving was a really good driver and kept us safe. Major props to him. And that was my night. More exciting than I was expecting, defeating an accident a couple of times, but was a great concert. So I am ridiculously tired and going to bed. But I know my DC experiences can only go uphill from here. I don't even know if that is possible. My first full week was great!
No comments:
Post a Comment