Wednesday, June 8, 2011

First day of class

So for those of you who don't know, I am taking a class over the summer. It's like American politics and government. For the first day of class, we didn't sit in a classroom and get lectured to. We got a tour of the Capitol. And let me tell you, it was AMAZING! Well, the tour was semi boring since I had been there before and remembered most of the stuff. But I learned a lot.


The Capitol visitor center is pretty nice. It's all marble and is totally sweet. It's different now than the last time I was there. But, fair warning. DO NOT bring food or sunscreen with you when you enter the visitors center. They will make sure you throw it away, and you cannot hide it in the bushes, nor will they let you save it. I wasted a brand new sunscreen and a lunch that I spent time making. It was mega depressing given the fact how expensive stuff is here in DC. Anyway, then you get headsets and go in and watch a movie. Then you see the rotunda.


Then you go and the old senate chambers.


Then after that we ended the tour and our class split up for lunch. I went with a group of people who weren't going to a burger place. Then they kind of divided up so I ate lunch by myself across from the Library of Congress. It was so nice just sitting while the city rushes around you. Then I was going to walk to the museums by myself, but I ran into the burger group coming back from lunch. So I ended up walking around with them for the rest of the day.

We went to the United States Botanic Gardens



Then the National Air and Space Museum



Then the Smithsonian Institution Building (The Castle)


Then the Natural History Museum

I'm as tall as an elephant's leg!

There were a lot of exhibits and a lot of gross bugs. And the butterflies are not free, except on Tuesdays. Sometime I want to go see them.

Finally we went back, had dinner at this Thai restaurant which had bad service. Then later a few friends and I walked to Safeway and CVS to get groceries and new sunscreen. But overall, today was pretty awesome. Running into that group on the street was the best thing that happened to me today. I had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment