Today I got to see this man, Steny Hoyer. He is the minority whip. It was really great seeing him, even though he was late because of votes. He told this story about how he interned on the Hill and the person working the front desk, answering the phones...well, her name was Nancy. Who later turned into Nancy Pelosi. I absolutely love when people tell stories like that.
This weekend was mainly uneventful. Saturday we went to Dupont and I finally had Pinkberry! It's kind of like Red Mango, but you get to have as many toppings as you want. Then since it was really hot out, we went to go see a movie. It was a very movie filled weekend, since we watched a lot of movies on my laptop. The heat was pretty unbearable so I just wanted to do nothing all day. I did play some football and actually caught it twice, which was a plus. But that was the sum of my weekend.
This week will be pretty exciting though. I may get to go to the top of the Washington Monument and I may get to see Justice Kagan. I am also going to the White House and taking a picture with my Congressman. So be prepared for some totally awesome updates. And my family comes to visit this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment