
Today I got to see this lady speak. Justice Kagan. My pictures are not very good since I was near the back, but for those of you who don't know, this is what she looks like. It was really interesting because she was extremely funny, and you wouldn't really expect that from a Supreme Court justice. As well, she wasn't the most eloquent speaker ever. She stuttered and said "um" a lot, which I found rather surprising. But nevertheless, she was delightful to listen to. Then I spent the rest of the day by going to lunch with one of my friends and attending a 3 1/2 hour briefing on fishing. Who knew you could talk for three hours about fish? Since the President spoke last night and told people to call/write their congressman/congresswoman, that is what people did. So we had a lot of mail and phone calls.
But then the second best part of my day. We went to the top of the Washington Monument! It was mega cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment