Saturday, August 13, 2011

Last week in DC

So I am currently back in Illinois, writing this from our town's library. If you recall, we moved, so we currently have no internet, due to lack of planning. And I got my wisdom teeth removed earlier week, so not having internet (or a TV) is really killing me inside. But thank goodness for the library. Since I was in DC like a week ago (I came home a week from today) I don't exactly remember everything we did the last week, since I didn't write it down. But I will write down what I remember.

Don't remember what I ended up doing Monday. Probably working more on our final papers for class. But Tuesday was nice because the assistant to the president of our college was out in DC and took me out to lunch. We went to We the Pizza, which as always was good. It was nice just talking with someone about Augustana and my internship.

Then Wednesday was our last class. We had to turn in our final resume, final cover letter, journal, analysis of experience paper and internship supervisor evaluations. And we had to give a short presentation on what our internship was about and what we did. It's really sad when you think about how I may never see some of these people ever again. Thank goodness for social media sites though. The last day of any class always depresses me, but this one was mega depressing since we all live throughout the U.S.

So after class we ended up going to the Library of Congress to get our library cards. And then we went on the main floor of the reading room. It was totally awesome!

Then we went to Chinatown to get Rita's. Then we went to some of the souvenir shops and Forever 21. That's about all I remember for Wednesday. It was really sad though, because on Monday of this week, I had RSVP'd to go see Justice Ginsberg speak on this Wednesday. But since I don't work on Wednesdays, I wasn't able to access my email. They said they would send out an RSVP and let us know if you got in early on Tuesday. Since I didn't get anything, I had assumed I hadn't go it. But of course, the Thursday I went in, I looked in my inbox and early Wednesday morning I got an email saying I was in. So I'm bummed I missed seeing her. But I still had a fun last Wednesday, nonetheless.

Thursday was a good day. We went to the national cathedral. As well, since it was President Obama's Birthday, ZBurger was giving away 50 cent shakes and 50 cent burgers. So of course we went and got one of those.






Friday was really sad, since it was the last of everything. Last day at my internship, last day seeing the Capitol, last Friday night in D.C. In my internship, it was really nice. They gave me a space pen, so in case I go to space, I can write there. It was really hard saying goodbye. A lot of people had left on Thursday, so it was like two days of goodbyes. Then after my internship, I went to the national cathedral again with a friend, so we could go up in it. As well, I needed to ship a box, which was on the way there.





Then we all went out to Ruby Tuesday's for one last dinner. It was yummy. We ended up going to 7-eleven at night for slurpees. They are really, really good. Thank goodness there is a 7-eleven within walking distance of my dorm at school, right near the pizza hut. But I had to say goodbye to a lot of my friends this night. It was tough.

Then Saturday...we all left. We started out the morning by going to Steak n' Eggs. First time I had ever been there. It was pretty good. Then we all had to leave. Saying goodbye is always the hardest part. A friend and I were going to the same airport, so we decided to share a cab there. Which was good, because the metro is never reliable. We ended up being the same airline, which was nice because our gates were close to each other. So we got to chill and talk before we had to board our flights. And then... I left the best city I have ever been in.

I will eventually get to writing a few last blog posts with the usual what I learned and such. But this is wearing me out and I'm going to a concert tonight, so I will wrap up here for today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment